TROSA is committed to upholding equity and supporting and promoting a culture of inclusion for our community. TROSA serves a diverse population, providing a safe, supportive place for individuals to realize and affirm their self-worth, regardless of race, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
As an employer, TROSA extends these values to our hiring practices, recognizing that different experiences, life circumstances, environments, and past situations can inform the trajectory of one’s path, and that a diverse workforce can help to enrich and expand the overall benefit of our community. We encourage applicants who embody and support our culture of inclusion, which values honesty, courage, and community.
The TROSA Thrift Store Operations Associate will address the store’s day-to-day activities and works to optimize the business operations of the store, helping to ensure smooth operations and working as an internal project manager on various projects designed to improve Thrift operations, sales, and efficient operations.
This position must exercise discretion and individual judgment while assisting with cash register operations and inventory control, donations, store promotion, and internal fiscal controls and security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide and model exemplary customer service by greeting and assisting customers and responding to customer inquiries and complaints
● Tracking supply inventories and placing orders for items when below par levels
● Perform duties when manager is not present, including, opening and/or closing of store, follow cash handling procedures, customer service, etc.
● Ensure that the store is clean and attractive for customers with a wide variety of items for sale
● Perform office tasks such as answering phones, computer data entry, filing, copying and faxing
● Oversee reception of incoming phone calls and scheduling of donation pick-ups
● Assist with pricing and inventory control, including inventory count for annual financial audit
● Assist with marketing and social media plans
● Update Thrift Operations Manual
● Expand volunteer program, including recruitment and retention plans, writing volunteer manual, and training TROSA residents in volunteer administration
● Tracking incoming item donations, production, and sales for monthly and quarterly reports
● Provide training and support for Warehouse Manager and Sales Floor Manager, as well as TROSA Senior Residents. Enforce safety, health and security rules
● Perform other duties as required
● Maintain established TROSA standards and procedures and support all therapeutic community program initiatives
● Demonstrate positive social behaviors to help promote effective interpersonal communication/behavioral skills for TROSA residents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Excellent problem solving skills and handling unusual circumstances; resourceful
● Exceptional customer service with experience resolving customer complaints
● Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
● Retail industry awareness, particularly secondhand/thrift
● Computer skills and use of Point of Sale software
● Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
● Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision
● Ability to troubleshoot recurring problems
Credentials or Experience
● Strong proficiency in Windows, database, point of sale software, Microsoft Office, and Gmail
● Retail management experience 5+ years; Supervisory experience 2+ years. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted
● High School Diploma/GED or equivalent retail and resale management experience
● Flexible schedule, some nights, holidays or weekends as needed
This is a 40-hour week role with benefits. This position is not remote and is located in Durham. Please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE